I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, June 2, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

As you may have noticed, I ditched the orange frames on the blog pictures. They were fun, but they just didn't work with every picture, and I really wanted my work to take center stage, not the branding in this case. What do you think of the new little plaque I developed instead?

---

The May weddings are complete. Well, they are shot anyway, complete is a ways off. June only has one wedding, so be prepared for a flurry of engagement and family sessions as I pack it all in before the weddings pick up again, once mid-July hits, it is going to be a long, almost every weekend haul until the first week of December.

---

Ringo Update: We have taken a few backsteps in the potty training department, but we soldier on. He has developed the ability to play by himself lately, which is fun to watch as he creates his own little games of catch and fetch with his toys. He was with Hubby's Mom and Dad on Saturday (Hubby had to work and I was shooting Kate and Adam's wedding) and apparently has a deep love for riding in their golf cart. Hubby said it is hilarious - he sits very proper in the seat and surveys his kingdom. Ha! This I will have to see.

---

The Sex and the City movie was fantastic. If you are a fan - you won't be dissapointed in the least. Jamie and I went to see it at the newer Majestic theater in Waukesha b/c that way we got to eat yummy appetizers and drink cosmos during it, which made it all the better. And seeing the parade of women all dressed up to the nines to attend this movie was a real kick.

---

I may have possibly met the perfect bridesmaid at Kate & Adam's wedding this past weekend. Adam's sister Anna is a dream attendant. She is so good, you should hire her for your own day. Next to "bridesmaid" in the dictionary should be her picture. I see a lot of wedding party attendants, and honestly, 70% of them don't have a clue what their real role is on a wedding day - but Anna, she got it and she delivered. Top notch, all the way.

---

I wasn't sure if I should post about this - but I figure I post about just about everything else, so why not. I lost my last surviving grandparent over the weekend, my grandmother Margaret. She was 92 and lived a full life, tack sharp and healthy until these last few months. We are all grateful that she did not suffer long and as is so fitting for her, she picked a Sunday to move on, or as my uncle put it "She picked a good day to travel". And I know that for her, that is all that this was, a journey. She was a tremendous woman, full of strength, unbreakable conviction and undying faith. The loss of her punctuates for me that I no longer have any grandparents here with me (though Hubby sweetly pointed out I still have his), but I know that they are all still here in spirit and memories.

---

In an attempt to not end on a somber note, I will leave on a sassy one.
There is no situation, relationship or circumstance where it is acceptable for anyone to hint at, hassle, question or joke about why they weren't invited to a wedding. This is rude, rude, rude. There is just no gray area here. I can not believe what I hear from some of my brides, friends and colleagues about brides and grooms being hassled by people to be invited. Excuse me?
I can guarantee that absolutely every guest list gets a lot of effort, energy, tears and stress poured into it. If you were left off, there was proubably a good reason (size, space constraints, cost, privateness of event, etc) and you should never question it. It is also not acceptable to simply "show up" to a wedding uninvited. Seriously, what goes thru someone's mind when they do either of these two things? Just don't do it. Okay, that is all I have to say about that - I will get off my proverbial soapbox now.

---

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Claire said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Molly. It's good to know that she had such a wonderfully full life.

My vote on the plaque is thumbs up! I like the overall design, and I especially like that it's see through. :)

jessica lynn said...

so deeply sorry for your loss, molly.

ditto on liking the plaque!

Darci said...

Very sorry to hear about your Grandma. I know its never easy to say goodbye, no matter how long of a life they lived.

Love the plaque, and couldn't agree more about wedding guests. I'll never get why one would campaign to be at a wedding!

Melissa DiStefano said...

Molly, I am so sad for you! I know how hard it is to loose someone you love! You are absolutely in my prayers!