I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, August 11, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

First and foremost, my older sister got married over the weekend. Hubby and I now have a new Brother-in-Law and three new nieces. The wedding went really well, despite a 20 minute rain shower that threatened to put a damper on our backyard festivities. I shot the wedding, and it was a real challenge trying to be a sister and also a documentarian. I was with my sister while she was getting ready and I found myself completely forgetting I had a camera in hand, I was wrapped up in being there for her instead. I'm sure there are a few missed moments b/c of that, but what are you going to do, right?

Three quick shots to share:
From the ceremony, that's our Dad officiating in the background:

Stacy & her new Hubby, Doug:

The wedding also marked the reunion of all of my sisters after five years. From left is Shelley, Stacy, Katie and Myself:


---

If you know me personally, you know I've been sick for just over two weeks with a wicked cough. I have coughed so much lately that this morning when I sneezed I was taken by complete surprise by such an odd, new sensation. Late last week this mysterious cough (that responded to no prescription cough syrups) was finally diagnosed as asthma. Strange, yes. But I did start feeling better (during the day) on Saturday, and that has increased with each passing day. However, I'm still coughing for several hours at night and getting very little sleep. Ugh. I'm really hoping this gets better by this weekend - my poor assistant Jamie will not be too keen on tolerating my midnight coughing fits at our Madison wedding overnighter this weekend. That is to say nothing of poor Hubby's lack of sleep after over two weeks of this.

---

Ringo's New Trick that I mentioned weeks ago: It has taken me quite awhile to get a shot of it, especially since he has kind of stopped doing it. And every shot is blurry - because well, the dog is fast, and as explained in the previous tidbit, I lately, am not so fast. So here you go:



What is the trick? Well, we have bell trained Ringo from the start - there is a bell hanging from the front door, and when he needs to go outside he rings it. Well, lately, when I don't get up right away to take him out, he starts bringing me my flip-flops. He seems to have figured out that flip-flops are part of going outside. It really is too cute, and oh so smart.

---

Today is Harmony & Darin's Anniversary. I don't plan to mark every clients' anniversary, but these two get special treatment. Why? Because they were the first full-fledged clients I had officially as Mthree Studio (as in booked). So today is kind of an anniversary for me too. It is hard to believe that it has already been a year for them, and also that it has only been a year since I shot their wedding. I look back on it now, and I wish I could throw it all out and start over with they way I shot it. If you want to check it out, here is the link to a very early blog post about it: Click Here. It is kind of old school people - a post before I did slideshows or watermarks, or even knew how to host images so they could be bigger. And also a wedding shot on my old Rebel XT (small, but faithful and trusty) and maybe two lenses, no flash and all editing done painfully file-by-file in photoshop. My, how far we have come in one year! (What I thought I knew then....) Must have worked out though, I booked a good portion of the weddings I'm shooting now based on a slideshow of Harmony & Darin's.

Happy Anniversary you two!

---

I have to admit, I'm dissapointed by the lack of participation in my little photographer's contest from Thursday. I know there are more of you out there - why you didn't give it a shot I won't ever know. Guess that is the end of such giveaways or contests. :0(

---

I don't have much to say this week apparently. Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

Claire said...

:finally: The Ringo trick! How cute is he? Knows just how to push the buttons, right?

Looks like y'all had a blast at your sister's wedding! LOVE her flowers.

KLJensen said...

I love our sister pic, that doesn't happen very often as we all know! I had a blast!

Missie said...

You girls are too cute!

Unknown said...

I would have loved to participate in your giveaway...problem is, I couldn't come up with anything clever AND I would never consider myself a professional photographer. I think of myself as super super super super ameteur with my Rebel xti :)

But on another note, I love your work! I got addicted after I saw my cousin Sarah's (as in Sarah and Jimmy) engagment pics this past winter. Now I look forward to seeing all of your wedding and engagement pics. You rock!!

And just so you are aware...I'll be the crazy bridesmaid at Sarah's wedding watching your every move because I only like to learn from the best!

Harmony said...

awwww! thanks for posting a happy anniversary to us! sooo cute! i however have been lazy and there is no anniversary post, let alone any new pictures of hubby and i on my blog :0( i know i am a bad blogger.... i actually will post, promise!

cute pic of all of the sisters! i'm glad you had fun!

get better soon! :0)