I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, August 4, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

I caught a piece of The Babysitter's Club Movie the other day randomly on tv. It is amazing how something like that can bring your childhood flooding back. I used to LOVE those books as a pre-teen. I would read them over and over again waiting for the next one to come out. I remember I got to around book 35 or so before I outgrew them. Each one of the girls had such distinctive personalities, and there was something I could identify within each of them. (Hmmm, the story of five enterprising young girls who start their own babysitting company? I guess it's no wonder I loved them) Seeing the movie made me sad I sold my collection in a garage sale in an act of desperate separation from childhood. I would love to still have them around for my future daughter one day. There aren't any cell phones, internet or ipods in them, but I don't think it would matter. I wonder if they are even still sold?

---

Thank goodness Project Runway has returned to tv. One, because there is nothing on tv right now. Two, because I really needed this does of inspiration, creativity and entertainment. Love that show!

---

I am so not ready for the back-to-school sales to begin. Summer isn't over, is it?

---

Last Tuesday night I got a call from a fairly stressed bride who suddenly found herself without a photographer for her wedding on Saturday. Thanks to potential clients Adrienne and Chris who had a meeting scheduled and also to Sara & Nick who had a Day After session scheduled for moving their appointments to make room for this bride's wedding. It was a gorgeous affair with a glowing bride, a happy groom and two amazing kids. I'm so glad I got the chance to meet them and record their day, even if it was last minute. You'll see the results soon.

---

Tonight I'm shooting at State Fair with the fabulous Monica. Her dad asked me to come and record a sort of "Day in the Life of Benno" there . He runs a bunch of the concessions, including the micro-brew tent. Hopefully, samples will be included in this experience...

---

My sister Stacy gets married this weekend! I'm so excited for her. We had a few little bridal shower/bachelorette type of activities over the weekend, and you can see her getting so excited for the big day. I'll be shooting the wedding, which as we get closer I'm realizing will be quite a challenge to play the roles of sister, aunt, and photographer.

---

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

jenn said...

2 Things:

My friend from Caribou has worked at the fair at Benno's forever and loves it. I have only heard good things about the man. I'm sure you will have a great time!

Also, there is this great blog, have you read it yet?
http://claudiasroom.blogspot.com/
It doesn't look like she updates it, but you will have fun reading the archives. I always crack up when I read it, and Mike's like, "are you reading that babysitter site again?!"

Claire said...

Click Here ;)