I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Contest...A Giveaway!

This one is for the fellow photographers out there who might read my blog.

I have a free e-copy of Dane Sander's Fast Track Photographer book to give away. The credit really goes to Dane, who gave everyone who bought his book (that would include me) two free e-copies to give away to friends. I already gave one away as a thank you to someone, but the other one is up for grabs! It is an awesome book, and should prove helpful to just about anyone out there who is looking to take their business forward.

So, here is the catch, or rather, the contest. Leave a comment by Midnight on Friday in this post. Your comment has to include an idea for what to call a "Trash the Dress" Session. This is something I've been struggling with for awhile - the phrase Trash the Dress really scares a lot of people, and the Midwest really hasn't caught on to the craze yet in general. I've tried Fearless Bride, and that works fairly well, but it really leaves the groom out. Day After session also works, but it does confuse those who think it means the shoot has to be the day after the wedding, which it doesn't. So I need a really good name for this session, and I am turning it over to you, dear readers, to help me out. Submit as many ideas/comments as you like, I'll choose the winner using a random number generator, to keep things super fair. But only comments with legitimate ideas will qualify.

Good luck!

5 comments:

Dane Sanders said...

this is a brilliant idea.

Robin said...

How about Mess the Dress? I don't know if that includes the groom though...

Claire said...

How about The Final Act or The Last Hoorah or A Fabulous Farewell...something along the lines of it being the last time she ever wears the dress...or maybe Repeat Performance.

Colin said...

Bridal Gown Gone Wild

Katy said...

So, I know I'm a little late on this, and also not a photographer, but I did have an idea. What about The End of the Beginning? I like Claire's idea of alluding to the last time the bride wears the dress.