I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Saturday, August 23, 2008

Katy & Bryan | Wedding



I witness couples coming together in marriage, well lets be honest, a lot. But it is a rare occasion, and a rare treat to truly witness a family come together. Such was the case for Katy & Bryan's wedding. Bryan has a son from a previous marriage and little Hunter was as much a part of their wedding day as the Bride and Groom were. In all the months leading up to the wedding, each conversation I had with Katy always turned to Hunter. Her concern for his inclusion and for this wedding to be a real start to their family was palpable. I hope one day he realizes how much Katy loves him, wanted him in her life, and couldn't wait to be his official step-mom. She may not have given birth to him, but he was most definitely born of her heart. It was a priviledge to watch Bryan with his son, being a kind and loving dad. To watch all three of them together throughout the day stole your heart.



I just love this one of the bridesmaids all prepping in the lone mirror:


Katy's mom wore a fantastic english-style hat:


In al honesty, I had a hard time figuring out the post-processing on this wedding. Nothing seemed to be needed, and everything I tried seemed to be too much. Sometimes, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. In the end, the simple honesty of black and whites seemed to speak to the day best, so you'll see a lot of those.



Katy's first sight of Bryan was the last straw on her composure:

Doesn't it just melt your heart?:


I just love this look Bryan threw Katy right before he signed the marriage liscense:

The legal stuff was a little boring for Hunter:

There's nothing like a little boy to ruin the romance of your first kiss with a hearty laugh from the guests:




My favorite shots of Katy and Bryan aren't the ones we took during portraits time, they are the real moments between them. This is a couple who really wasn't afraid to show their ardent eyes for each other:

But picture time went pretty well too:



Very, very yummy cupcakes:

First Dance:




We all know, if you stick out your tongue, it's going on the blog:




Enjoy the slideshow!

4 comments:

Katy said...

These are incredible! I love every single one, and you said the nicest things! It's so awesome that not only did you capture everything that I remember, but a ton of stuff I missed. I knew that you were good, but man! (Bryan's exact words were "She rocks") Thank you so much!!

Unknown said...

Awesome job!

That kid is pretty dang cute :)

Claire said...

Love them! And the mom's hat is wonderful! The picture of Katy losing her composure made me tear up a bit. :)

jenn said...

Katy, you are beautiful! Congratulations on your wedding!