I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, August 25, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday (Really Tuesday)

I didn't want to step on Maya & Micheall's wedding post, so I delayed my Misc. Monday a bit this week.

---

This past weekend was wedding free. As much as I LOVE shooting weddings, it was awesome to have a weekend "off". That's in quotes because of course my schedule was packed tight with a million other things. Editing, chief among them. All of you waiting to see your shoots - I'm catching up fast, hang on!

---

It was a double baby weekend for us. Hubby and I found out that our friends Steve & Katie and also Kristin & Paul are expecting!
For Steve & Katie it will be their second (you might remember posts about their adorable daughter Allyson) and for Kristin & Paul it will be their first (they're having a boy!). Congrats to all of them!

---

One of the reasons I had "off" this weekend was the Counting Crows and Maroon 5 concert. Hubby and I have had our tickets for awhile for this one and were really looking forward to it. They did not dissapoint. Go ahead and add Maroon 5 to your list of groups that sound better in concert than on their albums (we already knew that about the Counting Crows). It was a fantastic show, made all the more amazing by our third row seats (!). I took some pics with Hubby's point and shoot, I'll try to post them next Monday.


---

Poo. The olympics are over - now all we have to watch is the presidential election. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for my patriotic duty, but several months of mudslinging and negative campaigning, no thank you.

---

Is anyone else surprised to see an add showing Hayden Panettiere modeling a leather Dooney & Bourke bag? In all honesty, I could care less, but I could have sworn she is some kind of big animal rights activist...

---

Hubby and I are gearing up (sorry for the pun) for the big Harley Davidson 105th Anniversary celebration. I was all over downtown today and preparations are in full swing all over the city. By this time next week we will have seen Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kid Rock, the Foo Fighters, Bruce Springstien, Sugarland and a whole bunch of other acts I can't even remember. Finally, or usual summer quota of concerts will be back! It is kind of hard to believe the 105th is here already. I was fortunate enough to be in town for the 100th due to a broken leg (I was living in California at the time). And not to be left out, managed to hit the block parties, crutches and all. And you know what? Those Harley riders were incredibly nice, parting crowds for me and offering to help left and right.

---

I'm going to the doctor today to see if we can't get this asthma thing under control. I'm as surprised as anyone that I'm still coughing and still relying heavily on the inhaler. I would really like to get back to the gym too. Hubby has been going faithfully for weeks now and I'm really starting to get jealous.

---

Have a great week!

No comments: