I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, August 18, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Sorry about the lack of posts last week - it was a crazy one, and so work took precedence over posting. This week is equally as crazy, but I'll try harder to blog more.

---

On Friday I was working on a very fabulous, but very secret project with the ever wonderful Monica and Victoria from The White Box and also the uber creativeSue (and her hubby Chris) from Fresh Design and the incomparable crew at Bacchus. You'll have to wait until October to hear what it is all about. But I will say this, I never thought the day would come where I would find myself barefoot in Bacchus. Monica has a picture of it, and I'll add it to the post later today when she sends it over.

A day late, but here it is:

and check it out - nearly perfect turnout! Though my position is a muddy middle-ground between first and second. I think Ree over at Pioneer Woman would be proud anyway.

---

One of the truly "BIG" weddings (for me) of August went off beautifully on Saturday. Kate & Bobak had a wonderful day and I can't wait to get caught up on my editing so I can start working on their shots. And, Jamie and I got to try Creme Brulee for the first time - and we are big fans.

---

Hubby and I took the night off a couple of weeks ago and saw Dark Knight. I keep forgetting to mention it. It was fantastic, in so many ways. GO. SEE. IT. Hands down the best Batman movie you have ever seen. And Heath, you won't even recognize him.

---

Woot! Our wait is almost over. The Counting Crows and Maroon 5 concert is this weekend - I can't wait to see it all from the THIRD ROW! And, a weekend off from weddings - whatever will I do with it?

---

Hubby taught Ringo a new trick while I was gone this weekend. Ringo wasted no time in showing me after I got home, either. After I apologized to him for being so tired and plopped myself down on the couch at 6 (where I stayed, comatose till after 9) he ran over and.... jumped up on the couch! He did it with such ease and pride. It was so cute. We've been trying to show him how to do it for months, and Hubby took Saturday night to work hard on it with him. He is so proud of himself everytime he does it now, it is very cute. He kind of looks up at us like, "Hey, did you see what I just did?" I'm a little sad though, because this marks just one more way he is not so much a puppy anymore.

---

I just booked my 29th wedding for the year. My goal is to have shot 30 weddings before 2008 runs out. I believe in writing down your goals to cement them. So, I'm writing that goal down right here. And to help make it happen - I'm offering 10% off the package rate to lucky wedding # 30 for 2008. That is, if your wedding date is a 2008 date, and I have it available, and you are the 30th wedding to book this year, you will get 10% off your package rate.

Here are the dates left for this year:
September - 5 (friday)
October - 3 (Friday), 10 (Friday), 17(Friday), 24(Friday), 25(SATURDAY), 31(Friday)
November - All Fridays are open
December - 19 (Friday), 20th (SATURDAY), 27th (SATURDAY)

---

And since I've already mentioned my rates today, I'm putting out a bulletin. They will be going up very soon. I'm anticipating within the next month. So, if you have been contemplating booking Mthree Studio for your wedding date (in any year) and haven't already, now is the time to get in at the current rates before they go up. This is the only warning I will give... :0)

---
Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

jenn said...

Do you think other events like ttd will change as well?

: )

Claire said...

You're rolling over a tad as well ;), but you're right - it's nearly perfect! *make your heels kiss* as I tell my baby class! I can't wait to see what the suprise is!

Molly said...

I was hoping no one would notice Claire. :0)
In my defense, that bench was squishy.

Claire said...

LOL! Don't worry about it, I can't get perfect in any position without rolling in. Never have been able to. Truly, I'm impressed you did that on squishy bench!

Harmony said...

creme brulee is the BEST!

Missie said...

I love that you read REE! I am a big fan of hers! Have you ever read her recipe section? The Aussie Smash Potatoes are a huge hit in our house.