I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Engagement | Kristin & Joe



"You know, you are going to marry her right?" his friend said to him with sparkle in her eye and a huge grin. He looked over at the girl he had brought with him to this party, chatting with his best friend, the birthday boy. Kristin laughed and tossed her strawberry blonde hair and he thought of much earlier that day, when their date had started. He had arrived at her house, a tad nervous. They had never actually met before, only chatted on the phone and talked over email. Each conversation had been so comfortable. He had enjoyed talking to her so much he didn't usually want to hang up. For a guy who didn't care much for talking on the phone, that had to mean something. He had reminded himself of this as he approached her front door. And moments later he saw that she was as wonderful in person as she had been in his head. They had gone off on a Brewery Tour, out for drinks, out for dinner, and then out for drinks again. It was clear that neither of them wanted the date to end. And now, almost 13 hours later here he stood at his best friend's birthday party, still on a date. He had planned to drop her off hours ago and come alone. But when their date kept extending itself he figured, why not really put her to the test and introduce her to friends and family. She wasn't fazed by the idea and now here they were. "Oh yeah, she is definately the one Joe. Don't you let her get away." said another friend, joining the conversation. He looked over at Kristin again, and she met his gaze and smiled. Yes, it was all over, she had won.









Kristin and Joe are another Match.com success story. He checked into the website one day, sure he had a profile on there, only to discover it had disappeared. He quickly put one up and the first response was Kristin. She had been dating a few people she met on there, but no one had stuck. Joe was the first one she let pick her up, a relinquishing of control she didn't realize the significance of at the time. Some time later, he devised a deceptively simple engagement. He knew he couldn't put anything past Kristin so one night when he was walking her to her door, he asked her to turn around, and it was right there and then on the porch that he popped the question. One of the best parts of the story, is that a man was walking his dog across the street and saw the whole thing - and started cheering. Sweet, right?

I had a fantastic time shooting with Kristin and Joe. Some shoots you just really click with a couple, and this was one of those cases.








On these two - I really can't decide which one I like better. The first one, which is more or less, right out of the camera with a little sharpening, or the more artistically edited one (second). What do you guys think?



Check out the slideshow (all you reading via blog readers, click into the real blog to see it):

4 comments:

Claire said...

I like the second one better.

And I love the shadow shot...and the mirror one, too.

And I teared up when I read that the dog walker started cheering...how sweet!

Erlandson Family said...

you're gorgeous... love your hair... and love the pix... what great shots... :)

Carrie said...

I like the first one better. I'm generally a less is more kinda girl, though.

I absolutely love the one of them in front of the windows with the long shadows. Seriously gorgeous shot.

JDB said...

Those pics are awesome! They are so sweet and have such a "real" feeling to them!