I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Sunday, August 24, 2008

Maya & Michaell | Wedding



Maya & Michaell had a goregous wedding day with blue skies and beautiful weather in Middleton, Wisconsin. Their ceremony and reception was held in a location that was equal parts bar, restaurant, greenhouse, outdoor patio and art gallery. The combination made for a truly unique setting that suited the laid-back and fun feel of their day.



Quite possibly one of my most favorite pictures ever:


They had a "first look" so that we could take all of the pictures ahead of time:





This lovely lady on the right is Kate. Kate has been a bridesmaid for my lens before - in Harmony & Darin's wedding. It was Kate that suggested me to Maya & Michaell (thanks Kate!). I'm really hoping one day I get to shoot her wedding - she is super sweet and fun, and her boyfriend Landon (Maya & Michaell's best man) makes the best faces.


They really rocked it for their own picture time:



The Ceremony:

Maya & Michaell had written the most touching vows for each other:



Remember I mentioned Landon and his faces? Check it out:



Their first date involved a scrabble game. I loved that their cake was surrounded with the scrabble pieces and the two phrases that were pivotal for that first date "Kiss Me" and "don't trip" (which they had spelled out on the board that night) were also present there in the tiles, and also engraved inside their rings:


Don't think for a second that I was going to pass up the opportunity to shoot a ring shot on actual Mthree scrabble tiles:





Landon gave a wonderful speech. It was so well written, and he rushed it a bit because of the length, but everyone loved it:



It was an "ipod" reception, and Maya & Michaell told me they picked their first dance song about five minutes before they hit the dance floor:





Enjoy the slideshow!

3 comments:

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

Okay, awful typo in the first attempt...let's try again...

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous dress!

And what perfect dual use of the scrabble tiles...M3, Maya/Michaell...awesome!

Beautiful pictures, as always!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous pics! I was also thisclose to getting that dress. Now I'm kinda wishing I did!

Also, the M3 picture would be great blown up on your office wall or on business cards.