I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, March 24, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Topper's Pizza is coming to Franklin - Hallelujah! This will be a serious blow to my diet, but I can't wait. I will happily add an extra day to my gym schedule to accomodate. Topper's was a staple in college (Steven's Point) and I know that is true of my Whitewater and Madison friends also. Hubby once had his parents bring home some Toppers from Madison (where they were visiting his sister) to us here in Milwaukee as a Sweetest Day gift. That is how much I love their cheesy breadsticks. It will be five minutes from our house- Woot! May 27th can not get here fast enough for this.

---

Damask Patterns - oh how I have loved you so, and you have really taken the fashion, wedding and design worlds by storm. But I am sorry to report that Damask has jumped the shark. (Sorry Darci and Katie!) I saw it on one of those "Get 10% off everything you can fit in this bag" brown paper bags from Office Max. What in the world does Office Max have to do with the damask trend? I don't know - but seeing it in grayscale on their brown paper bag insert in the Sunday paper can only mean that it has gone too far. Time to retreat. Darci and Katie - your weddings will still be gorgeous, I have no doubt.

---

This is what is great about Wisconsin: All the snow melts to the point that it is hard to find patches of leftover snow. The temperature warms up just enough to make us believe spring really is coming (Hubby even put up his basketball hoop)- and think "my, how short winter was - that wasn't so bad!" And then two days before Easter - BAM! All the snow, and I do mean ALL of it, is back. In one day. For those of you not in SE Wisconsin - we got 18 inches, count 'em, 18 inches of snow on Friday. It is as if it never left at all. What is that saying about March going out like a lion?

---

There is a bird that has decided the small windows near our cieling in the entry way are either its best friend or maybe the path to heaven. Yesterday morning and today it has spent a good half hour or so continually flying into them and tapping them with its beak - when it gets tired it walks up to them and does the same. Hubby thinks the bird can see itself in the windows, so he tried to scare it off this morning with the telescoping duster. The result? Twenty minutes later, the bird is still at it and Hubby said the funniest thing of the day "well, either I've scared it off, or I mated with it - I'm not sure". Ahhh, life in the suburbs....

---

I have a fun contest/challenge for you all tomorrow - tune in to check it out!

---

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Harmony said...

is toppers fantastic? i have never had it! i think i will need to try this pizza.... :0)

comment by the hubby is hilarious!!! watch the bird never go away now! :0)

secret contest? :0) i can't wait!