I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, March 10, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Hubby was very sad that I didn't to Miscellaneous Monday today - apparently he looks forward to it. So with an hour left of Monday, here we go. If you read my "New things coming" post earlier today, I've ammended it into this one.

---

I'm not making any guarantees about when... but new things are coming around the studio.
Here is a preview of one of them (teasingly out of focus of course):


---

Dare I say spring is coming? I can see our driveway - not just parts of it, but all of it. Even the iceberg at the bottom of it is a mere shadow of its former self. I even saw some grass today - and it was green! I'll be the first to admit that I'm not ready for spring - I like winter when I have hubby all to myself and don't have to share him with fireworks. >Sigh.<

___

Our niece turned 16 last week (we have two of them for those of you who remember me mentioning the other one's birthday) - she had her boyfriend at her party. Old enough to drive and have a boyfriend. It is always a bit of a shock how old they all are. I promptly told her to be a better driver than I was, or even than I am.

---

I babysat our friend Jamie's puppy last week - you've met him before on the blog - Optimus Prime. One day was all it took and I still miss him. I find myself looking around the house for him, feeling like something is missing. He made working at home a lot more fun that it already is.

---

June is strangely un-booked for me. Is no one getting married in June this year? I only have one wedding that month, and that seems quite odd. June brides - come on over here! I have dates, good ones! On the flip side, I have three or four weddings in November - November! Maybe that is where all the June brides are...

---

My sister-in-law gave us a membership to Netflix as part of our wedding gift, which we recently put into action. We are loving it. We finally get to see some movies we have wanted to see (Andy - I'm actually seeing movies!) and we are so much better at mailing them back than we have ever been at returning the rented ones. Maybe it is because returning them means a new one is coming. So far we have seen "American Gangster", "We Own the Night", "Waitress", "Because I Said So" (hubby did not watch that one, declaring it a 'chick flick') and "LadyKillers". All have been good - Amercian Gangster and We own the Night were truly excellent, though they have a lot of shooting. LadyKillers was a little slow, but I love a Coen Bros. film. And Waitress had a bit of a flat ending. I loved Because I Said So, very feel good and warm and fuzzy - and funny.
___

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Haha... I'm glad you guys like netflix- I always knew you had trouble returning videos to the store ; )