I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, March 20, 2008

Photo Fieldtrip - Nelson Family Farm

**This is a repost of last weekend's post - that one was broken. This one, hopefully is not.**



Way back in last fall, I shot Laura & Jesse's Engagement session at the Nelson Family Farm. (On a side note, Laura & Jesse are already married - having taken the plunge on leap day in Vegas- I'll be shooting their "Happily Ever After Party" in May) The Nelsons are good family friends of ours, and their farm has been in the family for generations. You know I love the patina of history - so after Laura and Jesse and I were done with their session, I took some time to wander the farm myself, camera in hand. They have several weathered red barns and one in particular that is half-collapsed and full of all sorts of long abandoned projects and supplies. And all over the farm are little glimmers of personality - liscense plates used to patch holes, the remains of a tree that grew too close to the silo struts, windows dirty with time. To say I had a good time exploring is an understatement.

I bought some new slideshow software for the studio - as I get to know it better I'll be able to add effects, custom timing and music to the slideshows. I thought the images from this fieldtrip would make a good test.

Enjoy!


No comments: