I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Write a Snippet, win a prize.

So, I've been working on a little re-branding of Mthree Studio. It is so easy to get distracted from the main focus and flit to all things beautiful (not unlike wedding planning, actually). Like for example, I recently ordered some test business cards on some shimmery paper using that gorgeous image of the bride that shows up first on my website slideshow. And the cards are gorgeous - but they aren't really Mthree. I want my company to have a style all its own. One that you will recognize instantly as Mthree. I think I have it mostly figured out, but I need a little help with some details. This is where you come in, dear blog readers.

Here is a snapshot of part of two promotional postcards for Mthree Studio. I'm playing around with using little snippets of "stories" to give the photography a bit of a witty wink. I want the phrases used to feel like we are getting a snippet of a story, and to relate to the pictures, but to also give the picture another dimension, like you are being let in on their inner thoughts or a joke. The snippet should also be a little witty, maybe a bit funny. No matter what, it should make you smile.




Writing these little snippets is proving to be a bit of a challenge. So I'm throwing it out to you, dear readers. Here are the shots I'm looking for snippets for (I have some possibilities for them, but I'm not sure). Get your creative juices flowing and give me your best. In submitting your ideas you understand that your words may be used in my advertising without compensation. If I get at least 25 suggestions, I'll have an impartial panel of three people pick the best suggestion of them all and that person will get a $25 itunes card. That is the contest part. (I know you love contests!) The contest will end at midnight on Friday, but feel free to keep submitting if you come up with something. And feel free to pass the word - the more people with brains on this, the better!




Once all of the new branding materials are ready, I'll be revealing them on the blog - part of that "new things are coming" stuff I was teasing you all about a few weeks ago.

6 comments:

jenn said...

Yay contest!

Katy said...

First of all, these pictures are stunning! Second of all, I decided to take a stab at this. I’m not very good, so promise not to make fun!
1. Because now there are no secrets
2. As he looked into her eyes, he realized that nothing else mattered. or Suddenly it didn’t matter that they were lost.
3. With him, time stands still. or It took forever to find him but only a moment to love him.
4. They wondered how much longer until the cake.

Molly said...

katy - those are fantastic! Keep it coming everyone!

Unknown said...

Number 4 inspires so many hilarious comments about the lack of a jacket, the short sleeves, the relationship between the two boys, their roles in the wedding... I love it. And I love Katy's "how much longer until the cake" comment.

ptg said...

I don't have many - but:
1: She whispered in his ear, "I'm so glad you didn't read the fine print."
2: When time stands still...or at least seems to.
3: Each moment seems to last forever when I'm not with you.
4: Where's the cake?

(I built off of Katy for the last one, I couldn't think of anything better!)

Emily said...

I know it's late, but I thought I would take a stab at this just for fun...

1. These shoes are killing me or You think I look prettier than my bridesmaids, right?

2. "I told you this wouldn't be so bad."

3. "If that's what you want, I'll make the groomsmen wear pink."

4. "We're you listening during the rehersal?" "No." "Me either."