I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, March 3, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

I have an active imagination - horror movies only make it more active and after watching one I am the equivalent of a five year old screaming about monsters in the closet. My mind can conjure just about anything up out of even the smallest shadow. So imagine my horror last night when I saw the trailer for "Shutter" - a horror film where the camera attacks the photographer or the pictures do. Either way, this is not what I needed going through my head when I pick up my camera. Needless to say, I will not be seeing that movie.

---

Special thanks to my Father-in-Law who fixed my car this weekend. My brakes went out quite suddenly a couple of weeks ago and so I've been driving around one of the in-laws spare cars while we waited for FIL to return from out of town. Thank goodness for having mechanics in the family - car repairs are such a dream. I drove my good 'ol Jetta this morning and it was soooo nice to have it back! Thanks FIL!

---

For the first time ever in my life I believe, I have gone to Target and emerged with nothing. I went in looking for a cute laptop bag I saw two weeks ago in the ad and it wasn't there and in some strange way I found nothing else to buy. I'm quite certain this has never happened to me - usually I can't emerge from that store without spending at least $50.

---

I know I'm a little late on this one - but I can't believe that the people of the city of Milwaukee actually re-elected a city official who is currently in jail for political crimes. Amazing.

---

After three rounds of pop-overs I have learned a few tricks. Heat the pop-over pan in the oven before filling it to avoid the funny looking bottoms caused by not using whole milk. My obsession with this food continues...

---

Girl Scout cookies have arrived and my addiction to the peanut butter patties has been reborn. I understand the mentality of a crack addict when these things come around - they are my crack. I am not being flippant with that comment. I can not get the thought of these cookies out of my head - I am constantly thinking about them in the refridgerator, and constantly getting up to get just one more. Before I know it the whole box is gone. I know I could sit down and eat them all at once. Thank goodness I have enough willpower to keep them in the fridge, forcing me to burn .5 calories walking to it each time.

---

I have started my week off badly. This morning I got up and drove to Brookfield for my hair appointment (quite looking forward to it in fact) and arrived (on time!) to discover that my appointment is, in fact, next Monday. Grrrr. This can't be a good start.

---

We can't go to Jimmy Buffet this year and I am more than bummed. Some friends of ours are getting married on the same day as the concert. We already tried to figure out how to go to the tailgating portion (which is really the whole point) and still make it to the wedding - but there isn't any way. I'm super happy for Sara & Nick, and excited to be there for their day, but also very sad to be missing out on this annual tradition with our friends. Maybe we can throw our own Buffet style party at the house...

___

Be sure to check out my guest blogging adventure over at Bespoke today.

___
Happy Monday!

No comments: