I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Saturday, March 22, 2008

Go See This Movie


Last night hubby and I finally watched "Across the Universe" and it was amazing. I've been dying to see this movie since it came out and the wait was more than worth it.

You know how sometimes you see a movie, a play, a piece of art, a book that is just so utterly brilliant - this is one of those things. Every frame is beautiful, every song that has been re-arranged is wonderful. The choreographed numbers are phenomenal. The effects are not just top-notch, they serve a storytelling purpose. The actors are more than great and their voices are crystal clear. The imagery, oh my, the imagery! Did I mention every frame is gorgeous? It is a complete experience that is just so well done that you know it had to come out of its creators - the couldn't stop it. As a former filmmaker, it takes a lot to impress me in this genre - and this is one of my all time favorites now. And it certainly doesn't hurt that it is all based on Beatles music - just brilliant. Why hadn't anyone done this before?

Go see this movie. Go rent it, better yet, go buy it. You won't regret it. If you are one of my former students - take time off of your thesis project this weekend and sit down and watch this film! You need to.

I think I'm going to pop it back into the dvd player and watch it again...



1 comment:

sierra said...

I have really been wanting to see this. I LOVE the Beatles and have been lusting over the previews for months now. I should just break down and buy it but I was fearing that it might not live up to my high expectations. Good to hear it's as good as I might be imagining it.