I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kate & Bobak | Wedding



It doesn't get better than this.

I just doesn't.

I don't have any other way to put it. Kate & Bobak's day was gorgeous, perfect, harmonious, elegant, in short;envious.
It was packed full of the most gorgeous venues, perfect weather, loving family, joyous friends, amazing details and unique moments.
It is easily my favorite wedding to date - both to attend and in my work that resulted. I learned the joys of creme brulee. The bride provided "dancing shoes". We completely rearranged our shooting schedule in the middle of the day on the fly and it still came out perfect. I could go on and on.

There are way too many pictures in this post. I've warned you, so don't say I haven't when you are still here much, much later.
This is another wedding that I think I could tell the story entirely in black & white if I had the guts. But alas, the colors are beautiful too...

I'll do my best to take you thru the day and to do it justice. Here we go...

We started off with Bobak's "Bachelor's and Babies Brunch", which was a hoot - all of the guys and all of their babies. Two of which were Kate & Bobak's niece and nephew, who they are more than enamored with. Then it was off to the capitol and Kate getting ready...

Her amazing dress by Justina McCaffrey:




All of the flowers were by Daffodil Parker:







We went up to the top of the Capitol for their "first look":




Two lawyers getting married in the State Assembly Chambers at the State Capitol, it doesn't get more appropriate or more beautiful:




I love these next two shots. I took Bobak away for a few minutes to get a few shots of him, and we left Kate alone on this bench. We were within sight and we turned around to see this - a bride so joyful she couldn't stop smiling sitting there all alone:


What a great looking wedding party:

I have no idea why they all looked down, but I was happy I snapped the shot:

Back to the Assembly Chambers for the ceremony:


My love for this shot knows no bounds:




Bobak said about one word of his self-written vows and completely lost his composure. It was my favorite moment of the day. This guy who is always serious, so matter of fact, just turned to pudding. Kate immediately grabbed his hands and lent him her strength. It was awesome.


And then seconds later, the ring wouldn't go on and we all got a moment to laugh:



It was straight to reception at The Madison Club. It was within walking distance so everyone just took to the street.

Kate's grandpa stared me down for this one, and I love it when people are unafraid of the camera like that:

The two toasts were so well written and thought out:







They had this cool Norwegian cake that was actually stacked cookies. Watch for what it looked like later:

They had a band, Wall of Sound. They were great!




Little William Kian woke from his nap and was hoisted into the crowd. The little guy loved every second of that:





Kate came running into the dancing area to show me this sign. It had caught fire on one of the tealights and one of her guests had seen the flames rising on top of the baby grand piano and put it out. Her look says it all : "My wedding almost burned down!".

Here's that Norwegian cake at the end of the night:

The night finished with about 45 minutes of Persian dancing (Bobak is Persian). It was so awesome to watch. I really don't have any words to describe the incredible energy that was there and the lovilness that was the dancing:

At the end of the night Kate & Bobak simply walked home:


There is so much more to tell you, I'm just going to have to list it:
-They had their quartet play Tom Petty songs. This was so incredibly cool I couldn't stand it. Made me want to re-do our wedding right then and there.
-Kate's father was the officiant. He told her he would have to stop being her father the moment they got to the end of the aisle, and just be her pastor for the next twenty minutes. His composure was remarkable.
-Kate's Mother and Bobak's Father sang as she entered. It was gorgeous - they are opera singers (imagine that!) and the sound was so beautiful in the assembly room. I still can't believe they pulled it off.
-They used a persian poem for the front of their programs, a poem by a Minnesota poet for their menus - a nod to each of their heritages.
-They used the dresser that Bobak had created to propose with to hold their personal history slideshow at the reception.
-Kate made adorable "cake stands" out of overturned antique glassware and plates. She credits Martha.
-There were gorgeous gladiolas everywhere.
-Kate had custom boxes made for the ringbearers to carry.
-Kate's purse was to die for, I really must get the maker of it from her.
-They incorporated a small persian tradition into their ceremony of tasting honey, and served persian sweets along with the Norwegian cake.

Enjoy the slideshow:


When I hug my clients goodbye at the end of the night and I feel like I'm hugging a friend, I know I've really done my job. Such was the case with Kate and Bobak. Best of luck to you both in Minnesota with your new careers, new house and new married life! I will miss you.

8 comments:

KSR said...

Molly, I am breathless. It will take me a long time to come up with the right words to thank you for capturing every emotion of our wedding day in these photos. I sat here on our couch tonight and relived every single laugh and tear in a matter of twenty minutes. What I am most grateful for is the knowledge that we'll do that together hundreds of times over the next eighty years together. Thank you is not enough for that. You are amazing.

Katie said...

Absolutely phenomenal, I can't even describe how beautiful the photos are. Wow.

Claire said...

Absolutely wonderful, every aspect of it. Great photos. Great story. :) I especially love that her mom and his dad sang together. Beautiful.

Molly said...

Kate-
I think that might be one of the nicest things someone has ever said about my work. It was my distinct honor to be the one who captured your day. Thank You.

And Katie and Claire - thank you also for your kind compliments. Whenever I'm feeling out of sorts with my work I know I can look to the comments on the blog to cheer me up. :0)

Amanda B. Young said...

Wow. These are just amazing. I love how every photo captures so much personality of the bride and groom. Just stunning!

Rhonda Gail said...

Somehow, I just now discovered your blog. you're amazing.

Lisa Loup said...

My co-managers, at the Madison Club, and I just crowded around my computer oohing and ahhing. Absolutely gorgeous photography and absolutely gorgeous couple!
Thanks so much for sharing.

Amy said...

I am in awe of your work. I stumbled on the photos of Kate and Bobak's wedding and I felt myself being moved to tears as I watched the video montage of pictures. I too am getting married in the Assembly Chamber and even though the room is amazing, the pictures are all about the couple. They are so fortunate to have such wonderful pictures.