I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Miscellaneous...Wednesday?

Is it really Wednesday? I haven't fallen off the face of the earth - sorry for the big gap in posts over the past several days. Labor Day weekend kicked my butt, what can I say? I've got a few thoughts for today and then we'll hopefully be back to regular fabulous blogging tomorrow.

---

The 105th Anniversary celebration for Harley was more than awesome. Hubby and I are partied out (Hubby more than me)! We took some pics throughout the weekend with Hubby's point and shoot, he promises to download them for me, so I'm going to save the meat of any post about this whole experience for when I have those to illustrate. I will say though, it is events like that which make me love and appreciate the city of Milwaukee and where I come from. We are so freakin' lucky to be here.

---

Kate & Andy's wedding went off without a hitch. Gorgeous weather, fabulous guests, beautiful couple. Couldn't have been better really.

---

We had a technological meltdown on Saturday morning here at Mthree Studio. The internet in our home decided it deserved a labor day vacation and my editing system went down. Simultaneously. I was suddenly unable to access my photos, unable to empty memory cards and unable to do much about it without internet access to schedule appointments or look for solutions. The whole ordeal was BEYOND frustrating. I was without email contact for just about three days thanks to what was a busy weekend anyway for us. I camped out at the Apple store Tuesday morning and now we are almost back to normal. They fixed the editing system problem, the internet has mysteriously repaired itself in my absence, and we made several upgrades to the studio also. In truth we had been contemplating these upgrades for some time, but the near meltdown on Saturday gave me the gumption to do whatever was needed to prevent this from happening again. So, I am blogging this post from my brand-new-freakin'-huge-iMac desktop computer. I feel like I'm working on a giant movie screen from the front row. My trusty laptop has now become the secondary computer and will soon be used by a new assistant which we are hoping to add to the Mthree team soon, and also when I'm on the road or want to work on the couch, or when Hubby puts on his CFO hat. I'm kind of sad, as the laptop has seen me thru a lot in the past year plus, but I needed something faster and after much deliberation and consultation, this seems to be the best solution. I gave it a little test spin with editing this morning and it blew me away. I'm not sure I will ever get used to the incredibly huge 24" screen after my 17" laptop (which seemed SO BIG when I bought it).

---

We have an outdoor wedding at Villa Terrace this weekend. Please keep your fingers crossed for a pocket of sunshine for Nancy and Eric - rain is predicted all weekend.

---

I added the slideshow to Jen & Eric's engagement post below. Please scroll down and check it out - I feel bad that they got slighted a bit when the internet problems began around here on that issue.

---

One note I would like to make to all those considering Mthree Studio for their wedding photography: I am 3/4 booked for 2009 already. Get your inquiries in, dates are filling up fast!

---
Have a great day!

No comments: