I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, September 25, 2008

Krista & Ray | Engagement

Photobucket

Looking out the monorail window, he watched the scenery of the themepark slide by. Snow covered mountains, screaming rollercoasters, twinkling lights and floating balloons. Not the most sophisticated of locations for sure, but definately fun, and a little surreal. Kind of like the last couple of years had been. With a couple of clicks of a mouse he had found her on the internet. A few conversations had led to their first date on New Year's Eve. That had been brave, he thought to himself now - kind of a big night to possibly ruin with a sour first date. Ahh, but it had been sweet he recalled, smiling to himself. The road from there had been so obvious, they started dating, bought a home together, adopted a dog...now what? A few minutes later they were strolling up the main street towards the castle. The warm light of dusk illuminated their faces and she pulled ahead of him in a half-run to get to the castle. He pulled back on her arm, and she spun around, wondering why he was stopping her. In one smooth motion he went down on one knee and pulled out the ring they had chosen. The people all around them stopped in their tracks and paused to hear her answer. "Yes!" she cried, and he swung her around in a big bear hug. This was no fairytale ending, it was only just beginning.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Krista & Ray brought their dogs along for part of our shoot, Miles and Kobe. I can't believe that I actually caught Kobe making this face at Miles:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Krista & Ray are another successful Match.com story. We had such a great time on their shoot - we hit more locations and they changed outfits more times than any couple I have shot. When Krista told me about their ideas for the shoot - I warned her that we might be biting off more than we could chew. She said Ray's motto is "go big or go home" and I knew instantly that I was going to like him - Hubby and I embrace that motto whole-heartedly. They were awesome to shoot with and I'm really looking forward to their wedding next year - it is sure to be a fun-filled, relaxed backyard affair.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Enjoy the Slideshow:

3 comments:

Claire said...

Love this! LOVE! You totally outdid yourself with the flare shot! And the dogs - priceless!

jenn said...

I love the dog photos!!

jenn said...

Oh yeah, and what a sweet engagement story :)