I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kelly & Alex | Engagement

Photobucket

They strolled thru the gardens hand in hand. They came here a lot to hang out. It was quiet, and there was always something new to discover. A gentle breeze blew her hair and she turned to look at him. So often when she did look at him, she thought he looked the same as they had when they met at 16. The same sweet boy who had offered to share his grape cotton candy, though she could tell he really didn't want to. The same sweet boy who had spent all summer riding his bike 15 miles to the fast food restaurant where she worked, just to leave flowers on her dashboard, everyday. The same young man who came home almost every weekend to visit her that first year of college. The same young man who had answered the phone in the middle of the night to listen to her latest academic crisis. They went down a few rocky steps and she thought about how he was still so much the same as all of these memories, and yet, so different in ways she could have never anticipated. They sat down on a bench overlooking a large expanse of field and trees, all brilliantly colored by autumn hues. She breathed it in and closed her eyes. He whispered her name and she turned to him and in that moment she realized, here he was, the same young man who was now proposing.



Photobucket
Photobucket

For Kelly & Alex's engagement shoot, we returned to the scene of their engagement at the Boerner Botanical Gardens. You couldn't have asked for a better day, the weather was perfect. And we had a fantastic time running around the gardens, finding hidden nooks and even doing cartwheels.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks to a new job for Alex, these two have moved their wedding date up eight months and will now be tying the knot in November.

Photobucket

Enjoy the slideshow!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Aww Kelly is too cute and Alex is too. I had no idea he rode to Culver's to see her! (Mine came to see me too at work everyday, but that was self-motivated ;)