I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Click on the picture to see it BIG.

Well, here is my entry in the before mentioned pumpkin contest. The challenge was to carve a "Anti Workshop" inspired pumpkin (The Anti-Workshop is kind of the rebel photography workshop and it will be in Vegas in March) and photograph it. Winning entry gets a scholarship to the workshop. I think it turned out pretty well. It ended up being very metaphorical, which I hadn't planned, and I also realized that my christmas light approach was kind of vegas-y.

So, total investment: One white pumpkin - about 5 bucks, eight strings of battery operated lights - about 12 bucks, 16 "c" batteries for lights - 20 bucks, grand total $37. That would be a cheap workshop.

While out in the pumpkin field I found some great rotting specimens - which of course I took pictures of. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post those later.

Thanks to the Swans' for letting me use their pumpkin field!

2 comments:

Darci said...

So cool!

Anonymous said...

That turned out great!