I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Little Advertising...

So a lot of the top photographers in the country are proud to say that they have never advertised in any traditional sense. They claim to have built their businesses on word of mouth and their websites/blogs. Well, no offense to any of them, but most of them live in Southern California, where life exists much more on the internet, and there is such an influx of people that one client can have so many referrals it can make your head spin. (I lived there for a few years, so I can say this with some certainty). This however, is Wisconsin where weddings have a season and while there are plenty of us here, there aren't 8 million in one city.
And, while a good portion of my clients do come to me from referrals, a little boost couldn't hurt. So, hubby and I decided to advertise in Wedding Planner and Guide this year. I know I used this little local planning book frequently when I was a bride. Anyway, the new copies came out yesterday (it is published once a year) and it was really fun to see my name and company right there with so many local photog's ads whom I admire. If you see one in a bridal shop, Barnes and Noble or where-ever (they are all over, and they are usually free), please turn to pages 88 and 161 for my ads (invitation design and photography, respectively). And as an added bonus (Harmony, are you sitting down?) turn to pages 64 and 65 for a spread of one of my favorite shots of all time from Harmony and Darin's wedding being used to illustrate an article. Past couples Jeff & Jackie, Jamie & Craig, Jamie & Micah and Harmony & Darin have pictures featured in the photography ad for Mthree as well.

Let the calls and emails roll in....




Oh yeah, and Harm - I'll save a copy for you!

2 comments:

heyyou65 said...

CONGRATS on the ad Mol! And the pies looked delish!

-Britany

Harmony said...

that is freakin awesome! i can't believe it! i needed to sit down for that one! :0) and yes please save me a copy! congrats on being in the mag- the calls will come streaming in! :0)