I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Friday, November 9, 2007

Heart & Soul

On Tuesday morning I woke up super early (anyone who knows me knows that I am so not a morning person) and photographed the "Heart & Soul Breakfast" for St. Joseph Hospital Foundation. The breakfast was one part fundraiser and one part thank you to the staff, donors and volunteers that make all of St. Joe's efforts possible. Charity events require a lot of posed group pictures, but I try to sneak in some more pj shots.

The event showcased several stories of St. Joe's. Amy Taylor (of 94.5 fame) was the Master of Ceremonies and also shared her own story of the birth of her triplets at St. Joe's. Cathy Bolton (local musician) performed live during a slideshow of images from the year. There was also the story of some Somali refugees who are being cared for by a St. Joe's physician who has lived in their region. A few of those families were there and the kids were so cute - they LOVED the camera and called out "again!" several times when I took their pictures and always asked to see themselves on the preview screen, marveling how they got in there. The event was at the Italian Community Center, which is much nicer than any of their pictures let on from their website.

Here are some of my favorites from the event:











No comments: