I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A "Wonderful Life" Party

I love, LOVE it when my clients send me their invitations. It is just so fun receiving them and seeing what all the guests have received in anticipation of their big day. Plus, I can incorporate that into their photography as well, as explained here.

Yesterday, I got the invitation for Silva and Felipe's reception in the mail. I thought it was so clever that I had to share it.
Silva and Felipe are already married, but they are having a reception in Madison in July with family and friends at the Orpheum Theater. So it is very fitting that they have chosen to use the "It's a Wonderful Life" idea for the occasion. And they used a postcard of the Orpheum's marquee for their rsvp card. I just love it. It fits the event, the venue and their attitudes perfectly.
I have to say though that I would be sad to part with such a nice rsvp card - I wonder if that was an issue for their guests as well.
Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to shooting their party.



(I changed their names for privacy with a little photoshop wizardry)

Silva and Felipe got their custom cards from moo.com, though it looks like they designed them themselves. The back of their card has a small sticker of the original poster. Moo has tons of fun prodcuts, including those stickers and one day I will find a use for their mini-cards if for no other reason than they come in a fun box.

6 comments:

Silva said...

Thanks Molly! I had thought about the postcard R.S.V.P. and whether or not people would want to send it back, and I think I will end up getting extras to go with the favors so that people can keep one if they like!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THOSE!!! That would definitely be the invite for one of my ten weddings...

jenn said...

Molly, this is so great. Do you have any other websites like moo.com? I want to create our own invites and have them look professionally printed! I will definitely play around on the site.

Melissa DiStefano said...

Those are too cute! How fun! Thanks for the fun find!

Molly said...

Jenn-
There are lots of sites that print small runs.
Try these:
zazzle.com
overnightprints.com
vistaprint.com
cafepress.com
snapfish.com

jenn said...

Thanks Molly!!!

: )