I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, April 28, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Last Monday I didn't have much to say, so I skipped this little ritual. Sorry to anyone who was disappointed.

---

Have you heard about this guy? He left everything he had, took only what he could fit in a school size backpack and hit the road to complete this list of 50 things he wanted to do. He has been posting his experiences on a website as he goes, and of course it has gone viral - and people are helping him complete his list. I saw him on Good Morning America on Friday - they helped him "Tell Donald Trump 'You're Fired' ". I just love it when people decide to say "This isn't working for me - I'm going to redesign my life". It takes courage to break out of the mold, but I really think that we weren't put here to punch the clock, hate our jobs and just make it through the majority of most days, living for the few hours leftover. It is okay to do what what we love, and to pursue that relentlessly. If you don't wake up everyday anxious to get started on what lies ahead maybe you need to change what you wake up for.

---

Every once in awhile I have been catching this show, Ace of Cakes, on the Food network late at night while trying to fall asleep. Problem is I find the show so fun I don't fall asleep. It is all about this creative cake making company in Baltimore - they can make literally anything out of cake it seems. What is fascinating to me is the struggles they go thru figuring out exactly how to make each commission. This week is "Wedding Week" and I can't wait to see what they create.

---

My sister is starting a home-based day care. She came over this last Saturday and did some work for me so I could spend a couple of hours creating a logo and business cards for her. (Yes, that is how busy I am right now - if you ask for a favor I would usually just do, I actually have to buy the time from myself by having the other person do something I needed to do, crazy, I know. But Katie is a gem and was happy to help). Anyway, here is what I came up with. I tried to keep it a bit modern and clean but still kid-friendly without being childish. If you or anyone you know is looking for child care services in the Racine area - please send me an email (mollymthreestudio.com) and I'll give you her information. She is taking clients from infant to 5 years old, and will begin mid-May. (Hey, what good is a blog if you can't stump for your family when they need it?)


---

Many of you have asked how Ringo is doing - he's doing great! I'm convinced he has grown a bit despite the fact he hasn't gained an ounce. He has learned to go both up and down the stairs and just last night showed off his new skill of jumping off the couch without ending up upside down. (It's a big jump for such a small dog) We are still working on potty training, and thanks to some prompting from the vet, we have begun training him to last all night in his crate and hold it. I'm proud to say that after four nights, he woke this morning without having messed in his crate - I was so, so proud! I'm going to try to grab a pic of him later today, I'll update the blog with it if I do.

---

Hubby is on his annual trip with the guys to Vegas and comes home tonight. I can't wait, I have missed him so much (and so does Ringo - he has taken to sleeping in Hubby's discarded clothes on the bedroom floor). Which always surprises me because we did five years long-distance where we often didn't see each other for months - and now when he goes on a trip for just a few days I can't wait for him to get back. I talked to him last night and he is having so much fun he has lost his voice - which I always find so cute.

---

Tune in for the images from the first wedding of the year tomorrow!

3 comments:

Claire said...

I missed it not being here Monday...I kept checking back through the week thinking it might show up, hahaha. Love the logo - precious! I think you hit your goal right on the mark.

Totally agree about being anxious to start each day. The exact reason that in less than a year I will be gone from my 9-5 and doing exactly what I love full time. Thanks for (unintentionally) giving me a vote of confidence for my choice!

Darci said...

Wow, this is one of the most powerful things I've heard someone say in quite awhile! "If you don't wake up everyday anxious to get started on what lies ahead maybe you need to change what you wake up for."

I might have to print that out and hang it up!

Molly said...

Awww, thanks Darci. I was a bit surprised by how profound I was feeling too. :0)