I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tagged.

Monica has tagged me - with a new game. And since it is Monica who did so, I'll play.

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others you like and tell why.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I'm a bit obsessive about these kinds of things - I went thru a period in high school where I only listened to the Oldies station (it followed my discovery of The Beatles, which I'm still obsessed with), and if you look at my fifth grade folders you will find them emblazoned with hand-drawn versions of the logos for Poison, Guns and Roses and Whitesnake. Admittedly, I think I liked that music at that age because the cute boys did. Although to this day hearing "Welcome to the Jungle" brings back distinct memories of gym class. It is not uncommon for me to listen to the same CD, or the same song for that matter, over and over again for days or weeks.

I introduced Hubby to country music (when we met I worked for FM106 and he made fun of me for it) and now he is a bigger fan than I am. He introduced me to classic and southern rock. I don't think I'll ever convert him to showtunes or classical, but I do try. Pretty much the only music I don't care for is hard core rap (though I do own a 50 cent album) and heavy, heavy metal (though I am a Metallica fan). Oh, and smooth Jazz - I can't stand smooth jazz.


Okay, Okay, I took a trip thru my itunes and made a list. I couldn't think of any current songs I love that I'm embarrassed about, but there are one-time favorites that I'm always happy to rediscover and I'm fairly embarrassed about some of them:


1. "Flowers on the Wall" The Statler Brothers
This song is rich with childhood memories of driving with my family in our brown van between our home in Roanoke Virginia and our family here in Wisconsin. My father loved The Statler Brothers (and Alabama if I recall) and we would listen to a cassette tape to them many times on the three day trip. I can recall my brother and sister and I singing at the top of our lungs to this song, and to this day I know all the words by heart. It is also because of these car trips that I know all the songs on the "Free to be You and Me" album by Marlo Thomas and Friends backwards and forwards.

2. Any current Britney Spears song.
Yes, yes, I know. What can I say - more times than not, the girl gives us something with a killer beat and they make great workout songs. Shaved head or not. This would definately be one that I would be embarrassed to admit to some people.

3. "The MMMmmm Song" Crash Test Dummies
That guy has a killer voice - and the rest of that album is pretty good too.

4. "Mambo Number 5" Lou Bega
I actually used this song for one of my tap dance numbers back in my pageant days. I still get the urge to break out my
sequined gangster hat and bust a move when it comes on.

5. "Gangsta's Paradise" Coolio
This song came out around the time I graduated high school, and for some reason at that time in my life I thought it was cool to play up the fact that I went to a high school that was a bit, shall we say, rough. If you ask Hubby, he will tell you it was in the ghetto. I will be honest and say it is walking distance from said ghetto. It was a great high school, but like all the schools in my hometown, there was a gang problem. An avoidable one if you wanted to avoid it - but my high school experience did include learning to avoid such groups and seeing people get arrested in the hallways, guns being pulled out of their lockers. So, at that time in my life, this song spoke to me for some reason - a clean-cut suburban kid. Doesn't make sense, I know. Yeah, the reason behind this one is embarrassing.

Okay, I tag:
Harmony
Jessie
Jenn
Amy
Sarah & Steven
Jessica
Melissa

3 comments:

Ardent Photography said...

cool idea! Thanks for tagging me!!!

Ok - weird... I'm a tap dancer too! Maybe that is why I get a good vibe from you??? I actually have a certification to teach dance. I think having that skill set helps soooooo much with photography!

Claire said...

I have a degree in dance. ;) Never did tap though, my feet just wouldn't cooperate. I was a ballet and jazz kind of girl. Cold-Hearted Snake by Paula Abdul is the long-ago recital song that still makes me wanna get up and dance. :sigh: memories.

Kelly said...

"Parents are people. People with children..." Wow, I loved Free to Be You and Me too.