I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Photo Fieldtrip - Abandoned House

Last week when I was in Elkhart Lake for Alejandra and Eric's Engagement Session, I took a wrong turn coming home. Lucky thing too, since it was because of that wrong turn that I stumbled upon this fabulous abandoned house. Of course I pulled over grabbed the camera and did some exploring.

I was intrigued by this house because the left half was made of stone, with no roof left, and a big tree was growing up out from inside those walls. The right hand side was two stories and covered in stamped metal tin siding, something I hadn't seen before. It looked like the home had suffered from a house fire at some point, and possibly had been boarded up afterwards. What is particularly striking is that there was a set of electric holiday candles still sitting in each window, almost as if the home was abandoned mid-season. There was a more modern house about 75 yards behind this one, clearly of the same property. And this old home had some fun "country" touches added to the front (post abandonment), and was meticulously locked up. It had an odd combination of windows and doors that had clearly been attended to post-destruction, and ones that had been left to the elements. I'm guessing the people that live in the newer home also own, or maybe once lived in this older one. However, it is hard to tell, because the tree growing inside the left side was huge - and had clearly been thriving there for many, many years, yet it doesn't reason that the holiday candles could have survived the elements that long to look as intact as they did. Curious for sure.

Enjoy.

No comments: