I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, September 17, 2007

For the love of a new lawnmower...

My father-in-law has the uncanny ability to find and repair just about any small machine - usually lawnmowers and snowblowers. He owns several lawnmowers himself (all John Deere) and is constantly fixing, updating, improving and changing them. This is a man who truly enjoys mowing the lawn - it is a leisurely, fun hobby. He has passed this love for mowing the lawn on to his son, my husband. Hubby loves to mow the lawn - when he has the time to. And when we bought our house, he insisted we needed a riding lawnmower (growing up on several acres, he didn't know any different. I, of course, thought a push mower would do the trick. Cutting the grass is hubby's job though so he won). My father-in-law found us a cute, small riding lawnmower, perfectly suitable to our yard size. And it worked great all spring and summer.
Well, he found a better one for us this last week. It even has a bagger. Let me tell you, this man was so excited about this find! So, on Saturday morning he came over and swapped out the old lawnmower for a shiny new John Deere with a bagger. You could smell the testosterone in the air as hubby and father-in-law tried it out on our lower yard. It is a large machine, but works great. And it has a cute mini-John Deere hood ornament to boot.

Here are some pics of hubby on his new toy. Thanks Father-in-law!!!




1 comment:

Monica said...

hahaha! that thing is HUGE! oh man...