I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, September 18, 2007

City Slickers 2007

I had the honor of being the photographer for this year's City Slickers Event, benefitting Wheaton Fransiscan Cancer Care - St. Joseph David M. Sherman Cancer Center on Saturday. (I also did all of the graphic design for the event)

This unique party is held at the Sherman family's farm in Mequon and allows a bunch of city folk to be cowboys for an evening. (And you know me - I LOVE a good cowboy!) This year the event had a special layer of meaning, as it also honored Dr. David Sherman, who passed away last year from cancer himself. The love and admiration that filled the barn and tent as people arrived by horse-drawn carriages was so apparent. Though I never met him, it is obvious from the stories that were told and the hundreds of hugs that were passed around that Dr. Sherman was a caring and giving soul, who touched the lives of so many. All of the proceeds from this event go to support the cancer center, and from what I could see, it was a successfull evening! I am also proud to say that Mthree Studio donated a wedding day photography package to the cause, and I did enjoy the silent bidding war (albeit small) that it stirred up. Congrats to the lucky winning couple!

Oh yes, and I must name drop: I did get the opportunity to meet two local Milwaukee celebrities - Sally Severson and Brad Hicks, the latter of which expertly mc'd the event. And kudos to Saz's who created a heavenly station dinner with just about anything you could ever want to eat from mashed potato martinis to crab cakes.

Here are a few of my favorite shots from the night. If you were a guest and would like to order pictures of the event, please go to http://mthreestudio.instaproofs.com

I still can't figure out why my pictures aren't looking as vibrant in color on the blog as they actually are. They absolutely sparkle in real life and seem to fall lifeless here on the blog. Any ideas out there as to why?










No comments: