I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, September 24, 2007

Calling all Brides: Wanna Trash a Dress? (Sort of)



The beautiful weather and great Wisconsin scenery have me inspired and I'm looking to do a cool photoshoot.

I have this vision of shooting a bride in a cornfield that I just can't shake. I've also had my eye on some old house ruins I drive by all the time and an old and abandoned greenhouse. Basically the concept is beautiful bride against gritty non-pretty backgrounds. I know some farmers, so we are all good there.

Basically this is a Trash the Dress concept - though I don't anticipate the dress will actually get trashed.

So, I'm looking for a willing bride or former bride (and groom if possible, though not necessary) who has a dress she is willing to get dirty. This woman would need to also be willing to play in a field, climb a tree, stand in ruins, and basically be brave, adventurous and have fun with it for an afternoon. It would need to be a wedding dress - it doesn't need to be fancy, but it would need to fit. I'm thinking sometime in the next week or two to take advantage of the good weather left. You might get cold, dirty, scratched and even bitten by bugs (I'll bring bug spray). But it would be an absolute blast! You would get a fun afternoon and disk of all the resulting images in return. Oh, and infamy on my website.

If you are an interested to-be bride or former bride, send me an email with a picture of yourself at molly@mthreestudio.com
Any of my former brides, are unfortunately not eligible - but to-be brides of mine are, as are complete strangers.
Oh, and it doesn't have to be "your official" dress.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's tempting... but I don't think I would want to potentially trash the dress before the wedding...

Anonymous said...

I hope you ask this again at this time next year.

Monica said...

Love the idea Molly! I'd totally do it if my dress wasn't boxed. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Catherine said...

I love dress trashing! These sessions are so much fun! You have been tagged by the way!