I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, December 17, 2007

Sarah & Jim


On Saturday Sarah & Jim and I (and trusty assistant Katie) braved the snowstorm for their engagement shoot. I've never shot during a bonafide snowstorm before, and despite being almost soaked from head to toe in snow after two hours, numb toes (hubby has been claiming for a long time that I need actual snowboots, I finally agree) and even number fingers (and a camera that actually needed to be warmed up to keep shooting) - it was a blast! Sarah and Jim were such troopers through it all. The winter light is so gorgeous, and on an overcast day it is like shooting under the world's largest softbox - beautiful!



Sarah & Jim brought their puppy Henry along for the fun. If you know me personally, you know I have some serious puppy fever and Henry only fueled the fire on that. (All I want for Christmas is a Yorkie...) Loveable cute and spunky! And Sarah and Jim could not love this dog more - just look at their faces when they have him in their arms - such love and pride. I hope one day I get to shoot these two with their children, I can only imagine the way their faces will light up when they are already so bright with this puppy. Indulge me with some of my favorite shots of them with Henry:


I am so in love with Henry's expression here (that dog was shivering cold - but a good sport, and Katie was waiting in the sidelines with a warm blanket.)



I know Jim looks goofy being mid-sentence, but I love the interaction of Sarah and Henry here:


And for one of my new all time favorite shots - quite literally the second to last shot of the day:


I don't know if it is the nostalgia of the holiday season, but I felt compelled to do a bunch of desaturated editing:



Before I give you the slideshow - a small shout-out to assistant Katie who suffered in the cold right along with us - but was such a good sport. Hey, don't feel too bad for her - her main responsibility was watching Henry.


Enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Monica said...

How great that they wanted to do these in the snow!! They look beautiful, Molly! I don't know how she looks so pretty -- that's not what I look like in the middle of a snowstorm -- where's her red nose and stringy hair?? :-) And I'm not a dog person at all, but that little guy is so CUTE, especially in that one where he's looking out of the right corner of his eyes. Love it! Great work.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait till you make me look so beautiful!!!! sorry, i don't know the photographer lingo but the overcast/diffused light looks amazing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Lake Park looks awesome in the snow!

Amanda Pfeiffer said...

LOVE Lake Park during every season but, wow....that snow just looks awesome! Great pics! Dog was super cute!