I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, December 15, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Is it really only ten days until Christmas? How did that happen?

---

Pretty much everyone in my family has all of their shopping done, or very near it. Hubby and I have three people checked off our list. Much, much to do. How are you doing with your shopping? I'll be announcing my big solution to your shopping list tomorrow. I know I've been hinting at this for a couple of weeks - but I swear it will be ready tomorrow.

---

Ringo thinks it is too cold to go outside today. I can't say that I blame him, it is like 7 degrees or something.

---

Yesterday was Cookie Day. I blogged about it last year, and so I didn't bring my camera. Much to the disappointment, it turns out, of my mother. She would like everyone to know how sad she is that Cookie Day 2008 will not be blogged about with its own post. I don't bring my camera to as much as you would think I would. Sometimes I just plumb forget it, and sometimes I choose to experience rather than record. Regardless, Cookie Day was a big success, and Hubby is loving the results (four containers of Christmas cookies sitting on our kitchen table). I even learned how to properly roll out dough. We made eight different cookies yesterday, with the last batch coming out of the oven just before seven o'clock. I love cookie day.

---

After years of going hog-wild with gifts for each other on Christmas, two years ago Hubby and I imposed a new gift-giving system (we had just bought a house, so hog-wild wasn't an option). Now we buy each other an ornament, a book, stocking stuffers and then we put a budget on another gift or gifts (giver's choice). It makes gift-giving a fun challenge. And for the record, Hubby always overspends, and I always stick to the budget.

---

Look for the weddings of Racheal & Jason, Kelly & Alex and Tony & Deb this week. I'm determined to get them all finished and edited so I can enjoy the holidays a bit next week (despite the mountain of other work I have to do).

---

Hubby and I were flipping thru my folder of "Personal Photos 2008" last night and I realized there are so many things I said I would blog about and never got around to. With the first three months of the year being a bit slow wedding-wise (there are only six weddings in those three months for me), you'll hopefully be seeing all of that.

---

I've been slowing putting together a new and improved "Best of 2008" contest, which will debut right after the start of the new year. Get your voting fingers ready because the prizes are going to be better, and we are going to do multiple categories.

---

Only those in Wisconsin can truly understand this one. But, doesn't it seem like the Packer's season is largely ignored this year? I'm lucky if Hubby mumbles if they won or lost on a Sunday night, and it used to be that the whole day revolved around a Packer game. My Dad was watching it while we baked yesterday, and I swear he didn't say a word the whole time. Do we just not care anymore? Curious...

---

Well, I have much to do today, so I'm low on thoughts for the blog. Have a great Monday and a great week!

No comments: