I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Katie & Rob | Wedding



Katie and Rob's wedding day was everything and more than I hoped it would be. They are such a hands-down awesome couple, and I couldn't wait to witness them become husband and wife. The day did not disappoint. The rain/drizzle let up long enough for some pictures, the chapel was beyond gorgeous, the family was incredibly welcoming with their friendliness and open hearts, the emotions were free-flowing and the reception was off-the-chain ( I have no idea what that actually means) fun.

Ceremony: Old St. Joe's - St. Norbert College
Reception: The Meadows
Flowers: Grapevine and Ivy
Dress: Tie the Knot Bridal Boutique


We started the day at the salon, where Rob's little niece stole our hearts:




Then it was on to Katie's childhood home for some makeup time and brunch. Katie's dad left a message for her just where he knew she would find it:




We peeked in on the boys getting all handsome too:


Before we knew it we were at the church to get dressed with the girls:




And then it was time...Old St. John's looks like any other church on the outside. But inside, oh my, the gorgeousness can not be described.

I knew Rob was going to be emotional, and it turned out everyone was:





Have I mentioned before how much I love Catholic ceremonies? For one, the symbolism and rituals are beautiful, but my real reason is that they are long. So long that people have to sit, move around and be up there for awhile. All that time means I have lots of opportunity to catch awesome moments from everyone. Quickie ceremonies are stressful from a photography standpoint.









It was cold that day - quite cold, and about to start raining any second. But the wedding party were real troopers, traipsing all over the St. Norbert campus in the name of good pictures:




We did show some mercy and headed to Lambeau Field for a few more shots (along with five other weddings apparently) and some time at Curly's Pub.


When we got to the reception and we were waiting to make the grand entrance, I mentioned to Katie & Rob that they needed to cut their cake. Being Katie and Rob, they proceeded to ham it up as much as possible and "posed" for me, almost refusing to cut the cake itself until I snapped several "classic" poses of them. Turns out they didn't really care about the cake, but the fun that it brought on was all good.

This one requires a little explanation. Earlier in the day Katie's Dad had shown me a certificate he was going to give them during his toast - for a Goldendoodle puppy! Apparently they had been pining for one, and so as a wedding gift, Katie's parents were going to make it happen. The following two shots are their priceless reactions:


Dance fever quickly took over:





The Details:


In the slideshow look for some more fantastic dancing shots (even break-dancing), a shot of me with a few groomsmen snapped by a guest, and a family of pumpkins I spotted next door that just looked so much like something Katie & Rob would create with their kids one day. Thanks so much for an excellent time Carivous and Kostacs!

Check it out:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how you people will take any number of pictures of shoes and dresses and the cake and the bridesmaids gettign drunk, but you have almost no photos of the parents or the minister or anything else that actually MATTERS in a wedding.

Anonymous said...

Katie - The pics are great! It really shows what a wonderful and beautiful wedding you planned. Congrats!

Molly said...

I wanted to personally respond to ZZ's comment. I chose to publish it (all comments on this blog are monitored to guard against spam) because it is entirely untrue. If you watch the slideshow at the end of the blog post, you will see that there are several images of the bride and groom's parents, and several of the minister (of which you claimed there was almost none). Plus, I thought this was obvious, but the pictures in a blog post, and even in the slideshows are not the extent of the images that exist from this wedding day. Katie & Rob have just over 1100 pictures from their day - of which many are of the subjects you described. What is important in a wedding day is different for each couple, and my goal is always to cover a wedding day in a way that is in line with the couple's feelings on a day. What I post on the blog tends to be some of the more "fun" shots, but when looking at a whole day's collection of images, there is never any shortage of images that capture what is really important - two people in love and coming together.

ZZ - you are entitled to your opinion, and I hope that you are able to find a wedding photographer that suits your needs well. I'm happy to have you as a blog reader, either way.

This is the last time that I will publish a negative comment without the author's name. I do believe that if you have something say, most especially something critical, then you need to be willing to back it up with your name. In the world of the "anonymous internet" it is too easy to have an opinion.