I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, October 27, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Does anyone read the Miscellaneous Monday posts (besides Hubby)? I get the feeling that these aren't a popular feature, and I'm happy to steer the blog more towards what the readers want to see. Let me know in the comments today if you look forward or even enjoy the Misc. Monday feature, or if you would prefer something else. And a clue as to what that something else is, or what you do like - would be most appreciated. Because really, if Hubby is the only one reading them - then I can just email it to him every Monday.

---

This last weekend was my one weekend off from the Wedding Guantlet that started 10 weddings ago and continues on from this point for seven more. I'd like to say I spent the whole time in a spa or lounging on the couch - not so much. I did get a bunch of work done (meaning more shoots are edited than have been blogged about (!). And I got to spend some time with a few neglected people in my life.

---

My BF Jamie and I took our dogs out for a nice long walk in adorable Greendale. When we both went to put their sweatshirts on (it was pretty chilly) we discovered that we had both bought the same one for each of them. It was totally hilarious, and so indescribably cute. Chasing them thru the park we both thought this was a great foreshadowing of our lives to come - I can just see us dressing our kids alike and chasing them in a park one day. Ha!

---

I got spend a little time today with my Mom and we baked her signature chocolate chip cookies. She is famous for them in the family, and though they largely follow the recipe on the back of the toll house bag, she has her own touches that make them uniquely hers, and very, very hard to copy. I love cooking with my Mom, well because for one, she is an excellent cook (and Lord knows I could use a little of that), two because she has a great way of teaching without making you feel dumb, and three because cooking or baking with her always comes with great stories of my Grandma, who taught her to cook. That is most definately a person I miss very much, and many of my memories of her revolve around cooking too, so I love hearing my Mom tell these stories.

The cookies came out perfectly. I must make my notes so I can attempt them on my own next time.

---

My Brother-in-Law's mother is in the hospital with a sudden illness. Get better quickly Liz!

---

Our niece had a Birthday this weekend - and we missed the party. I know I've given up the birthday posts - and I have a policy against doing them for those under 18, but since we missed her party, I wanted her to have a little shout-out. Happy Birthday Jordan!

---

Some claim to have seen fleeting glimpses of snow today. Anyone who says they have is crazy in my book. I'm still trying to enjoy the falling leaves and not mourn the loss of summer. Snow is a bit pre-mature at this point. Can we at least get past Halloween?

---

A bunch of people I know were at the New Kids on the Block concert this last week. I find it hilarious that a group I adored as a 6th grader (and my first concert - remember that Christie?) is now popular again in some odd way. Jamie reports that the concert was really good. I am skeptical.

---

Ringo can't wait to show everyone his Halloween costume on Friday. Yes, I have become that person.

---

I've got something new I'm launching later this week. Can't wait to show you all!

---

Almost forgot: Starbucks now has signature hot chocolate. The caramel one with salt tastes just like you are drinking the heavenly truffles from that Bride & Bloom feature I was telling you about last week. The salt really makes it. Heavenly!

---

Have a good one!

12 comments:

Melissa DiStefano said...

Uh, helllo, no one important here, and I loooooooooooove Misc. Monday!!!!

It makes waking up on Monday, worthwhile :) Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but I do love them!

Kelly said...

I like the Misc Monday posts also!

Anonymous said...

I like Misc Monday's, they give me something interesting to read on Mondays at work. It would be kind of neat to see some pictures to go along with them too if you happen to take photos. Like pictures of the two dogs? Not saying you too pictures, but it would be fun to have a visual to go along with the story if you happen to have taken a picture. Don't get rid of Misc. Monday's though.

Unknown said...

No, No, don't lose the Misc. Mondays!! I love all your posts, but I like these because we get to hear about you and your world and super cute Ringo. It's nice to be able to keep up with you through all the weddings and engagement shoots.
Keep the Misc. Mondays! : )

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Misc. Monday AND the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!! Guess what you're getting from me the morning of my wedding:)

MrsGrocho said...

OMG - I can't believe you brought up the NKOTB concert. A friend of mine just saw them in Chicago (and dragged her husband along)- they had a blast!! Kudos for him for being one of only a handful of men in attendance.

Do NOT get rid of Misc. Monday. I love to read updates and even ramblings. I makes me feel good that I am not the only one who takes notice of some of the simple things in life, at work and home.

MrsGrocho said...

OMG - I can't believe you brought up the NKOTB concert. My friend saw them in Chicago (and dragged her husband along) - they had a blast! Kudos for him for being one of only a handful of men in the audience.

Do NOT get rid of Misc. Monday. It is a great way to catch up with you, even though we don't get to talk. It's also nice to see that I am not the only one who takes notice of the little things in life, whether at work or home.

Claire said...

Don't you dare get rid of Misc. Monday!

Monica said...

I honestly look forward to reading your Misc. Monday! And I think you should bring back birthday posts too. At least just for tomorrow... ;-)

Anonymous said...

My miscellaneous comments so you know I'm reading:

I saw snow! I got excited. Which reminds me, I need to email you.

I'm now craving cookies like a mo-fo.

You could not have paid me to go see NKOTB. Yes, I worshipped them as an unruly gradeschool girl but at almost 30? Hell no. They are hardly comparable to other bands/types of music that never go out of style (Beatles, Led Zepplin, Skynyrd, hell...even Metallica...)!

Anonymous said...

A friend of your sister Katie suggested your blog and I come and check it every day! I went to the NKOTB concert in Chicago on Saturday the 4th, loved loved loved it and went to see them again in Milwaukee on the 22nd.

And yea, do not get rid of Miscellaneous Monday because it's awesome just like the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at the 'bux!

Harmony said...

i loooooove misc mondays!!!!